Heroes of Newerth and Ventrilo?
So my curiosity has gotten the best of me. My friends and I use Ventrilo all the time for Heroes of Newerth, but anyone else I run across and ask does not. I have put together this little poll to find out some responses. Please take the time to fill it out, no registration is required.
Personally, I have been using Ventrilo in every game I have played. I really could not think of gaming, raiding or competing with out Ventrilo. PLUG INCOMING! I am going to give Typefrag.com a shout out as they have amazing Ventrilo Servers.
17 Comments more...
HoN Patch Notes Version 1.0.2
- Marchers are now in the outpost
- Fixed Plated Greaves not working.
- Implemented functionality for "Buy All Components"
- * Clicking this button will attempt to purchase all components and sub-components needed to complete the recipe.
- Fixed several stringtable entries
- Fixed blockers behind the Legion fountain to help people who teleport back there
- Updated some cliffs so wards will not sink into them anymore
- Fixed "Helm of the Black Legion" appearing incorrectly on the shop due to it's length
- Tweaked some weirdness with collisions in the pathing code
- Fixed the pause dropdown so it now has the correct title
- Following functionality added: Right click on a buddy or clanmate and select "Follow" to follow them. You will join and leave any games they join or leave until you unfollow them, quit the game, or are in a game that starts.
- Players attempting to re-connect to servers they got disconnected from will no longer be unable to join them due to PSR restrictions for times when they have recently played a game and their PSR was not updated before connecting to the server.
- Fixed matchmaking to auto focus the channel they join in on
- Removed the "stats reset by release" notification from the reset stats form
- Fixed an issue where blank lines would appear on IMs when one of the players chatting would join or leave a game.
- Fixed a bug where the No Stats icon would not show up in notifications for games that were "No Stats"
- The game will no longer display an additional disconnect message indicating that the hero was removed and assets distributed to their team when a player with no team is kicked from the game
- Rearranged the icons on the bottom of Public Games interface to make more space and fix alignments
- Updated Min/Max PSR Filter to be a little more lenient, for example selecting <1500 and >1600 now checks if it the server is <=1500 or >=1600.
- Tweaked the Public Game interface so that it can now display the actual advanced game options when hovering over the "Advanced Options" icon
- Added a "Hide Restricted Games" option to the Public Game interface
- * When enabled any games a player is ineligible for due to having a leaver status or having a PSR outside the range of that game will be hidden
- * Credit to Bangerz for the implementation
- Added the Premium Account icon to the Icon Key tooltip
- Added more ping filter values (from a max of 270 to a max of 360) and added more PSR values (1900 and 1950).
- Added game hint indicating players can disable notifications in game via the options menu
- Logging in with "Invisible Mode" will now always bring focus to the "Status" channel, previously it wouldn't the first time logging in
- Removed requirement to enter a reason when banning someone via "/bl add nickname", it now defaults to the reason "None" if none is specified
- Fixed an issue where the banlist reason was not updated properly unless the player logged out first
- Using "/r" will only reply to the last whisper received, and will no longer reply to the last buddy or clan whisper
- Added maximum spread setting for matchmaking
- * This will ensure that you are not forced to play with players far above or below your rating
- Restrict matchmaking regions to just USW, USE, EU
- Improve tracking of matchmaking failure rates and player disconnections
- Fixed a glitch when you had a body effect on and threw the shell
- Can now use Shell Surf's teleport while under the effects of Take Cover
- Take Cover now triggers off tower hits
- Initial radius of Kelp Field changed from 600 to 400
- Rocket Barrage damage reduced from 105/130/155/180 to 85/115/145/180
- Sawblade Showdown cooldown set to 50 seconds at all levels (from 60/45/30)
Fayde - Stances will no longer reset when she dies
Gauntlet - Completely reworked, still a dev hero. Let us know what you think on the forums.
Night Hound - Updated the tooltip for Smoke Bomb to explain that he cannot attack towers while in the cloud
Scout - Marksman Shot will no longer place an infinite life state on the target
1 Comment more...
- Fixed average wait time and percent successful matches stat tracking for matchmaking
- Added some matchmaker logging
- Fixed substitutions not working properly
- Tweaked some oddities in the pathing code
- Heroes might 'stick' on each other slightly again. We are developing a more permanent solution
- Toggling autocast and attack abilities no longer interrupt any current actions
Harkon's Blade - No longer stacks with Lifeleech & other attack modifiers
Nome's Wisdom - Recipe cost from 600 to 200
Plated Greaves - The activated effect can now apply to all allied non-hero units (including player controlled units).
Puzzlebox - Recipe cost from 1000 to 1100
Added New Legion Int hero, Bubbles, inspired by Puck the Faerie Dragon
* Fun Fact: The voice of this hero was recorded by Robert Jadah, who also voiced Morla The Thousand Year-Old Turtle for 'The Neverending Story'
Leave a Comment more...
Balphagore Strategy Guide
Balphagore is one of the next to be released heroes in HoN. He is a fat monstrosety that feels like an early laning strength hero, who has pushing power and is an anti teamfight powerhouse.
Primary Attribute - Strength
Str 25 +3.1
Agi 17 +1.2
Int 17 +1.9
Regurgitate: This skill is an aoe blast similar to Malphas' flame breath. It does some decent damage and has a pretty low cooldown. It also applies a slow to his enemies and regurgitates corpses for his other ability. This ability is going to be used to harass and support your other abilities.
Demonic Pathogen: This skill is a short silence, and one that will spread to their entire team if they are too close. This skill synergizes perfect with his ult and first skill; punishing any team who is foolish enough to group up. This skill is very mana inefficient if you only manage to hit one person with it, so keep in mind that you need the ability to spread to get your worth.
Corpse Conversion: This ability gives staying power and pushing power. At max charges/level you gain 5 minions to push a tower/gank a hero/jungle in the woods. Additionally this skill gives you health for each corpse you pick up, giving you a little extra regen.
Hell on Newerth: This skill is the explosive anti-teamfight power of Balphagore. He waits till the enemy team throws a ton of mana at them to max out his charges and then lays a solid 550 damage nuke on them all that spawns a 300 damage unit bomb per hero he hits. Throw a tempest into the mix after all the spells are blown, and can you say annihilation? Balphagore can.
Item Build and Strategy
Balphagore is the team tank and as a side a pusher. Start yourself off with a few minor totem, pretender's crown, crushing claws, and some health regen, just like any normal strength hero. Your best bet for boots on this beast is Plated Greaves or Str Steamboots because you want to be a tank. Pick up a runed axe for both mana regen and cleaving to help you gather corpses for your pushing and you will storm through towers. Pick up a Helm of the Black Legion or my preference, Shaman's Headdress into a Barrier Idol so that you can survive the initial spell blasts that you need for your ultimate to be effective. Pick up a Shrunken Head if you are getting disabled terribly, or rush for some more massive health boosts if you can and soak up all the team damage you possibly can.
In terms of effective use of Balphagore, you can push extremely well with minions and a cleave, saving the minions for stomping towers rapidly. In terms of teamfights you want to get the enemies attention, live through enough nukes to give you 80+ charges on Hell on Newerth and mash that skill onto the entire enemy skill. Toss out your minions and your DoT/silence and blast them with a cone of Bile. If you can survive to get your charges to 80+ and pull off that sequence of moves you will be able to take a grouped up set of heroes from full to almost nothing near instantly. Tempest is your best friend when he blinks in after they use their abilities on you enough to pump you up. Watch your enemies explode.
2 Comments more...
Introduction to Early Game Items
Having a solid early game and staying in the lane as long as possible is the most important you need to worry about.
First item is Runes of the Blight. If you aren't picking these up, you're probably doing something wrong and you should re-evaluate your plan and start over with buying a set of these. Health potions are not an acceptable replacement for the runes for the reason that they can be dispelled. This doesn't mean you shouldn't pick up a potion at all, it just means if you are going to pick up a potion, you should already have some runes in your bag already.
Health Potions will give you 400 hp while runes will only give you 345. The thing to remember is most heroes have to get way too low to need the health potion early on, in addition to the fact that it is dispelled on attack. Best to have one of these for a bit later, just to stay in the lane for a bit longer.
Mana Potions are an item that you really want to pick up one of on some of the early int characters to keep them effective early on. Toss yourself an extra 100 mana for another early nuke on the enemy carry and you could ensure a victory for your team, if it's done just right.
Ward of Sight and Monkey Courier if you are a support, better yet, if you are not a carry and your team does not have a set of wards and a monkey, cough up the cash. Buy the monkey, buy the ward, your team needs them and if the enemy has them and you don't, you've probably lost the early game. These two items are more important than that crown you wanted, or the mana battery. You picked a non-carry, so support the team. As a general note, don't buy both unless you want to get screwed really hard early game.
Bottle (3/3) is an early game item that you should only pick up first of someone like Thunderbringer, if you aren't warding. Bottle should be reserved for after you pick up 600g in the laneing phase and you run it to you from the team monkey. You need the stats from the next few items to last hit better against opponents who aren't going to go bottle. TLDR: Last hit power > bottle 90% of the time.
Minor Totem/Pretender's Crown make for a nice HP, mana, and last hit boost that you really can't afford to leave behind. generally you want to pick up 2 Minor Totems because stat point for gold on these are through the roof in comparison to other items. Pick up the crown only if you are saving space in your inventory.
Mana Battery can be bought in the outpost, but sometimes you want to pick this item up before you get there, such as when you have a heavy spamming lane or you are going to be roaming. This is not a buy for everyone at the start, but it is an item that makes the game more interesting, faster paced, and much more entertaining. Mana battery great, but be cautious about turning it into a power supply, because the recipe cost can usually be spent better on other things. If you need the inventory space and you are getting a lot of use from your battery though, a supply is a valid option.
Logger's Hatchet is really only an early game item for melee carry heroes. You won't pick it up often and you will have to give up stats to pick it up right away, but it will allow you really great last hits. Know who you will probably be laneing against and decide if the lowered health and mana is worth the better last hit.
Leave a Comment more...
Introduction to Life Steal
So here is the dillema. There are currently 4 different ways to steal life from an enemy via an item that you can buy. It is hard to know which one to choose. Which one will be the most beneficial to me as a tank/carry/ganker/support? Which one will keep me alive the longest? Well with this you should be able to answer all these questions and more.
Hungry Spirit: +10% Life Steal - 900 gold
Hungry spirit is the cheapest of all life steal items, however it has no other stat or damage benefit. It is great early game because it can allow you to farm or just regain some lost life while lane-ing. However late game it will just take up the space of an item that can provide lifesteal and stat or damage bonus.
Whispering Helm: +5 Armor, +20 Damage, +15% Life steal, and ability to convert creeps. Cooldown: 300 seconds.
- Hungry Spirit - 900 gold
- Helm of the Victim - 950 gold
- Total Price - 1850 gold
- Hungry Spirit - 900 gold
Elder Parasite: +17% Life Steal. When activated, adds 100 attack speed, 20% movement speed, and 20% increased damage taken (self). Cooldown: 25 seconds.
- Hungry Spirit - 900 gold
- Elder Parasite Recipe - 1050 gold
- Total price - 1950 gold
Abyssal Skull: +15% Lifesteal Aura, +.80 Mana Regeneration Aura, +5 Armor Aura, and +15% Damage Aura.
- Ring of the Teacher - 500 gold
- Hungry Spirit - 900 gold
- Trinket of Restoration - 350 gold
- Abyssal Skull Recipe - 300 gold
- Total Price - 2075
Abyssal Skull is probably the ultimate support life steal item. It doesn't just have a lifesteal aura, it has mana regeneration aura. It has an armor bonus aura. AND it has a damage increase aura! This turns your support hero into the ultimate support. It helps your team stay alive and kill the enemy with the armor and damage auras. This item is definitely best for the hero that is going to be alive in the back of the fight. Losing the hero with these buffs could mean the end of a fight.
Symbol of Rage: +25% Life steal, +25 Strength. +20 damage, +5 Armor. When activated, grants you +150 life steal. Lasts 3.5 seconds. Cooldown: 50 seconds.
- Whispering Helm - 1850 gold
- Axe of the Malphai - 3200
- Symbol of Rage Recipe - 1100 gold
- Total Price - 6150 gold
Symbol of Rage is the grand-daddy of all lifesteal items. It has the most life steal at a whopping 25%. It also has an armor, strength and damage bonus. And the best part about it is the activation ability. Granting 150% life steal means that you will stay alive while hitting an enemy. If you hit for 200 damage a hit, that means you are regaining 300 health a hit. That can be the difference in a team fight if your tank can steal 600-900 life right in the middle/end of a fight. This item is best suited for the initiator/tank of the group. It allows for him/her to gain a lot of life in a short amount of time. It can mean the difference in any team fight.
Now that you know all this, go forth and steal life from thine enemies. Steal life to stay alive. Enjoy and Happy Hunting
4 Comments more...
Heroes of Newerth Latest Patch Note - Version 1.0.0
- Fixed terminating players properly ingame when they left
- Fixed disconnection caused by the terminated player message
- Fixed upside down taskbar icon under Linux
- Fixed matchmaking giving improper point values
- Fixed the black and white box when picking a dev hero
- Fixed MinPSR/MaxPSR not being reset back to 0 when a game ends
- Rate of passive income is now adjusted when a player terminates (Higher with less players)
- Cleaned up create game dialog
- Added a frame that holds the disconnect button on the loading screen
- Updated tooltip description for hardcore mode so it doesn't say items are dropped
- Tweaked Linux resource auto-reloading
New Dev hero, Gauntlet
- Minions spawned by Balphagore's ult will now die if their target dies
- Won't eat Items, Wildsoul's Bear, or Mechanical units anymore
Leave a Comment more...
Heroes of Newerth Latest Patch Notes - Version 0.3.6-------------
- Added Dev Hero Mode
- When enabled, Dev Hero Mode allows work-in-progress "development" heroes to be played
- All future S2 Hero additions are going to be added as "dev heroes," this allows us to get feedback on a large scale and evaluate balance before including the hero in the stable hero pool
- Dev hero mode must be enabled when hosting games. It can be filtered in the game list. Dev heroes will not be used in matchmaking or competitive tournaments
- Added new advanced game option "Tournament Rules"
- When enabled, allows the host to specify in the game lobby which team gets first ban
- Only affects BP and BD gamemodes
- Added "Hardcore Mode" advanced game option
- No passive gold/sec gain
- A creep/hero deny results in 0 experience for the enemy team
- A tower deny results in 0 gold for the enemy team
- "Item Drop" advanced game option now drops all items on death.
- Items dropped on death cannot be picked up by couriers, sold, or killed on the ground.
- Items dropped on death can be picked up and used by anyone.
- Added 5 seconds to each players pick time in Random Draft (25 -> 30)
- Added 5 seconds to transition between bans and picks in Random Draft (15 -> 20)
Important Bug Fixes
- When using Runes of Blight on a tree, heroes will now approach from the correct side. (Will now no longer go all the way around a tree to eat it)
- Heroes are much less likely to keep blocking each other as they try to run past each other (HUGS!)
- Fixed ability tooltips sometimes getting stuck on screen
- Fixed an issue causing buying while dead to sometimes not work
- Abilities used from in the fog will no longer originate from the 0,0 position
- This includes Devourer's Hook, Electrician's Grip, Pollwog Priest's Tongue Tied, Puppet Master's Puppeteer's Hold and Voodoo Puppet, and Witch Slayer's Mana Drain
- Fixed sound system/voicemanager interactions that were causing crashes upon sound system restart
- You can now drop an item into an inventory spot with a building under it
- Matchmaking has received some serious revisions that should drastically improve match making quality. Please help us further perfect our match making system by giving it a try and leaving feedback on the forums
- Reworked how matches are formed to more consistently replace players who fail to load and to decrease time to find matches for players with exceptionally high or low SMR ratings
- Players new to matchmaking must complete 5 provisional matches, in which they will be matched with other new players. If not enough new players are available, they will eventually be matched with regular players.
- Players now have the option to set their initial standing according to general skill level, which affects the types of players they will be matched against. The three options are Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced.
- Solo matchmaking uses Banning Draft (BD)
- Added a new keybinding: Direct Pathing
- When held down and an order is given (Move, Attack, Cast, etc) will move the hero in a direct path towards where you click no matter what is in the way. Ignores cliffs, heroes, and creeps. Useful for chasing through the woods or pushing yourself against a cliff to cast into the river!
- Re-arranged some of the shop to put modifiers into the correct (bottom) shop. This includes all lifesteal items. Brutalizer and Lightning items are now in the Combat shop. Be wary of your hotkeys!
- If you buy an item on a courier then transfer that item to your hero, you can now sell that item for its full value within the 15 second sellback period
- Added game option "Minimap Rightclick" (default on). When disabled, the player cannot right-click on the minimap.
- The game will no longer display an incorrect disconnect message indicating that the hero was removed and assets distributed to their team if the disconnected player was a referee or spectator
- Fixed disconnect messages appearing twice when a player disconnects in game
- Calling a vote to remake, pause or kick (through the console) before the pre-match game phase will no longer work. (ie. only after the players are loaded into the map can they call these.)
- If displaying chat timestamps were enabled in game, various game messages sent to both teams were not being timestamped (disconnects, Kongor kills, Barracks destruction, etc). These messages now display the timestamp properly if the client has this option enabled.
- New death for the legion main building
- Finally took down our Christmas lights...
- New Hellbourne sounds and effects for buildings
- Random small chest sound/model fixes
- The game option "Show exp numbers" is now on by default for new installations.
- Added an option "Center Camera on Respawn" that allows users to toggle whether or not the camera will automatically focus on their hero after respawning
- Unpause now plays a noise so players are aware
- Fixed some neutral NPC sounds playing globally
- Updated map to remove texture seams
- Added a visible 'corpse' for NPCs dying
- Heroes can no longer pickup runes while stunned
- Referees are now treated as spectators
- Fixes the fog issue, allows them to see the scoreboard, allows them to talk with other referees and spectators
- Added some environmental sound effects on Caldavar
- Double Tap returns!
- Fixed the sound bug where muting someone might not always work
- Restrict most actions while the game is paused
- Fixed the "Share All" courier button to reset its state at the start of every game
- Fixed a bug that occurred when spectators used the "Disable Fog of War" or "Lock Camera" options would see those settings carry over into the the next game they joined or played
- Fixed some tooltips for items in the shop
- Fixed spectators at 1920x1080 resolution
- Hero icons no-longer react to mouseovers/clicks when there's no hero
- The loading race values now start at 1 and end at 10, the old race values should no longer appear when loading the next game
- Pressing ALT in the game lobby will now toggle the chat mode between "Team" and "All" chat modes.
- Moved the Ping/Players/Version labels in the game lobby a bit to the right as we weren't making use of the space and server names with long names like those we use for South Africa overlapped into these labels
- Voice chat indicator/mute button shows up in the hero picker/etc. now (on the inner side of the hero name)
- Pressing the "All/Team" button in the game lobby will now set focus to the chat input line
- Lobby now has sounds for actions (kick, join etc)
- Increase the max spectator slots to 10
- Fixed the Alternate Picking crash
- The host option "Disband" has been changed to "Disconnect", Upon disconnecting the game server will assign another player as the host and print a message to the game lobby indicating the transfer of hosting privileges
- Replays now begin recording during the picking phase
- Removed the "Tier" filters, columns and inputs from the game browser and create game interface
- Added filters, sortable columns and all inputs for Min/Max PSR to the game browser and create game interface
- Players may now specify a Min/Max PSR range when creating a game. Min/Max PSR games will appear normally as they would in the game browser and other players may join a game if their PSR falls within 2% of the range the game server Min/Max PSR is set to. (This means a player with 1471 PSR should be able to make it into a game marked Min 1500, and a 1734 player would be able to join a game marked as Max 1700, but those are the very edge of the 2% tolerance, so anything higher or lower would be rejected.)
- Games outside of a player's PSR range are grayed out in the game browser similar to the way "No Leaver" games appear to a player with leaver status. If no range is specified when the game is created then no range is enforced. If a player is invited to a game, the server ignores the PSR restrictions for them allowing friends to play in games they may not normally be able to be playing
- Added Min/Max PSR to the /gi or /gameinfo commands
- The players PSR is now retrieved and stored locally on the client when logging in, and is accessible through the UI_CMD() GetPSR()
- Removed the ticks, grinds, blips and whatnot that were playing when the game started up
- Added an option "Disable Background Effects" that allows users to toggle whether or not all the background lobby effects and animations are played. (Credit to Pancakeslp for the original mod)
- Fixed some buddy request/add notifications playing sounds a bunch of times when logging in if a player had those notifications saved in their history
- The Notification Duration slider under options->interface now sets the duration (1-15 seconds) a notification is displayed for
- Fixed a number of incorrectly labeled tooltips on the options menu. Disabled the "Health/Mana Bar Scale" in the options
- Removed the "Options" menu from the F10 in game menu
- Fixed "Add PlayerName" buttons on options menu to align properly and correctly add the player clicked on
- Increased max size of joinable channels to 30
- Using the slash command /join
"password" will now attempt to join the channel with the password specified. (Anything in between the quotes at the end becomes the password)
- Fixed some issues in the client/interface causing the change password dialogue to not work
- Fixed the lock/unlocked tooltip for hosts to display the correct tip (was previously showing the opposite tooltip it should have been showing)
- Players can now select Logon/Logoff and Join/Leave Game notification settings for clan members separately from the notifications they select for their friends
- Fixed an issue where notifications were not being saved to the history properly
- Fixed the default notification time to be 10 seconds instead of 10000
- Updated sub-account description
- Removed "Show Menu Transitions" from the options menu as the option is not currently being used
- Fixed iris closing sound being heard on disconnect
- Fixed "/r" to not reply to a clan whisper automatically with "/c m", instead it will reply directly to the sender with a "/w PlayerName" just like how "/b m" works
- Trying out new color for the selected item in listboxes
- Fixed the "Show Winner" button on the match stats screen to correctly display and announce the team who won
- Fixed sound driver list sometimes showing the current driver incorrectly
- This means the sound system will only restart if it is indeed necessary
- Fixed a couple places where linux system class was using incorrect character conversions
- Added console command "precacheworld
". So for example type "precacheworld caldavar" to precache its resources
- Removed cvar browser_maxPing as it was not being used
- Invisible Mode will now remember its state the next time the game re-loads
- Players in "Invisible Mode" will no longer auto join default HoN or Clan channels when leaving a game, allowing them to properly remain in a hidden state
- Clicking on the clock in the system bar now toggles between 12 hour and 24 hour display
- Re-arranged Public and Create Game interfaces to make more space and added icons/checkboxes for the new "Hardcore" and "Dev Heroes" game options
- Moved "Alt Hero Picking" on the Create Game interface to an Advanced Option, which is what it is actually categorized as
Bananas - Can now be sold for 500 gold
Doom bringer - Can no longer be transferred to your stash, manually dropped on the ground, or given to teammates.
Frostburn - Snare is now 5% a charge and stacks 3 times
Frostwolf's Skull - Recipe cost increased by 500
Geometer's Bane - Now spawns illusions in a triangle and randomizes the position of the hero on use
Nome's Wisdom - Rebalanced
- Strength lowered from 6 to 4
- Agility lowered from 6 to 4
- Intelligence lowered from 16 to 14
- +Damage lowered from 10 to 6
- % Mana Regen removed
- Aura armor lowered from 4 to 3
- Healing from the Aura tweaked so that if the healing exceeds your max health, a shield of equal value is applied for 10 seconds.
- Fixed so it can now properly dispel Jeraziah's Protective Charm
- Recipe will sell for the correct value again
- Cooldown increased to 30s, duration lowered to 15s
- AOE effect now grants +20% damage but only affects allied non-player controlled creeps
- AOE effect no longer grants armor
Stormspirit - Can now target all heroes (allied and enemy). Can no longer target Kongor.
Tokens - Can no longer be sold
- Added Balphagore as a dev hero. Must host games with the dev hero option enabled to play him
- Feedback on this hero is appreciated, as we are still fine-tuning balance and making necessary adjustments
Behemoth - Fixed weird shadows with Fissure
Blacksmith - Fixed some issues with multicast and Frenzy
- Voice added. Nuts.
- Tar Toss will no longer apply its slow to Magic Immune units
- Sawblade Showdown's Staff of the Master upgrade no longer provides a static 70% movement speed slow. Instead, units who walk into the saw blades will have a 4 second snare applied to them that starts at 90% and quickly reduces in strength over the duration.
- Sawblade Showdown won't slow couriers anymore
Deadwood - Clearcutting now causes trees to die with a cooler animation.
Madman - Barrel Roll will once again grant invulnerability during the duration of the roll
Magmus - Lava Surge once again provides invulnerability during travel time
Engineer - Ult to 85s at all levels from 90/75/60
- Voice added
- Updated description
- A ton of effect changes
- Slice renamed Cull
- Illusions from Burning Shadows now attacks much faster
- Illusions from Burning Shadows are back to full size
- Illusions from Burning Shadows can no longer be selected or show healthbars
- Cooldown on switching between Scythe and Shadow Stance removed
- Fayde now starts in Shadow Stance
- Charges on Shadow/Scythe Stance increased to 2,3,4,5
- Manacost increased to 150,175,200 from 150
- Duration changed to 30,35,40 from 40 at all levels
- Reflection stealth state will no longer have charges that do nothing
- Shadow Cripple now reduces all healing on the target by 50% while it's active
- Shadow Cripple is no longer dispellable
Glacius - Updated Ice Imprisonment tooltip to explain that it lasts 10 seconds when cast on creeps
Keeper of the Forest - Updated Root effect to match the area better
Legionnaire - Added custom sounds for his charge
Maliken - Updated recommended items
Ophelia - Command will no longer give the bonus HP to couriers she has bought or to heroes/herself in weird situations
Pandamonium - Voice added
Plague Rider - Voice added
- Units under the effects of Morph can no longer evade or deflect attacks
- Cooldown of Wards changed from 110/95/80 to 100
Pyromancer - Fixed a bug causing ult to trigger Nullstone twice (causing the cool down to decrease too much)
Soul Reaper - Rewrote some tooltips
- Units under the effects of Miniaturization can no longer evade or deflect attacks
- Fixed a bug causing ult to trigger Nullstone twice (causing the cool down to decrease too much)
- Call of the Valkyrie will now determine the close-range target to get hit twice at the time the ability is used, rather than after a 0.5 second delay
- Tweaked leap distance from 630,690,780,840 to 630,720,780,870
Vindicator - Voice added
Voodoo Jester - Cask now bounces for 2/4/6/8 times, instead of the incorrect 2/4/5/8 times
Warbeast - Metamorphosis will no longer apply to his courier
Wildsoul - Wild will no longer apply to his courier
Zephyr - Correctly credit him for damage that his ult does
Leave a Comment more...
Heroes of Newerth Crowd Control Part 2 (read part 1)
The next three CC items are the big luxury crowd control items, don't expect to be picking these up very often unless you are having an amazing game.
Frostfield Plate falls right in the middle of all the CC ability items, and is the lowest on the tier of the high end luxury INT items, though not the easiest to build out of the top three (which it shares with Hellflower and Kuldra's sheepstick) . The INT armor sits at a hefty total of 4700 gold, putting it comfortably out of reach for a lot of support unless they are really dominating the competition.
Not only does it have such a high cost it is built in mostly large pieces, 2700,1400,600, the cheapest being the recipe. Overall the item is really strong in that it provides people like Behemoth, Soulreaper, and Defiler with a lot of armor, mana, a slow, enemy attack speed reduction, and a blast aoe nuke. Overall though it's an item I just can't justify buying unless for some reason you are just destroying the other team. It's a not a bad item, but unless you are initiating and tanking for your team a Sheepstick is going to be more useful.
The next item on the CC table is Hellflower. This item gives a ton of mana regen, attack speed, and damage. Which means that as a CC/DPS item it is competing with the likes of Harkon's Blade and at 5025 gold (only 75g less than Harkon's) it's definitely the inferior of the two main dps INT hero items. Hellflower does have a few things going for it though. The first of the things Hellflower brings to the table is a 5 second silence, making it a hard counter to heroes like Wretched Hag and Magebane when they try and blink out last second, because the silence is the longest of all the CCs.
The second thing is it's team nuke capability. 20% damage that the target takes gets slapped right on as an extra bit of damage at the end of the silence just like Voodoo's Cursed Ground. This ability makes it a great way to take down a hero that has devastating spells, because a team focus is going to kill the hero. The last thing that makes this item so amazing is the fact that it has probably the easiest buildup of almost any high tier INT item in the game. Every single piece of this item costs 900 or under, meaning that you never have to worry about stockpiling 2700 gold, and you never feel bad about buying your team wards because you are always just around the corner of your next upgrade. Overall this item just does not see enough play because it's competing with too many other items that just outshine it in terms of stats and abilities.
The final CC item in our arsenal is Totem of Kuldra, the famous Kuldra's Sheepstick. This item is really expensive, being composed of a ManaTube, a Blessed Orb, and a Acolyte's Staff for a total of 5675 gold. This item really has only somewhat often play in competition by Wretched Hag players. This is due to the fact that it just takes so much to put this item together and most of the time the average gold per minute for someone who isn't capable of devastating creep waves and the jungle sits somewhere around 200-300 gold per minute. What this means is that if you are doing your job as support and buying wards and support items for your team you are already behind by about 3-4K gold.
So in the end you need to farm up around 8-9K total in a game, and with such a low gold per minute average that puts you looking to complete this item not until at least 30 minutes into the game, and that's if you aren't stacking up any deaths. Even with these limitations, if you can pick up a sheepstick your team is bound to be happy with their extra bit of control, and the kills your team racks up will keep going outwards.
Leave a Comment more...
Hereos of Newerth Pharaoh GuidePharaoh is another character that I enjoy playing. He has great ganking, lane-ing, and initiating abilities. He is the utility tool in your toolbox and has so many uses.
SkillsHellfire: Pharaoh conjures plumes of fire around him for a short duration, hitting random nearby enemy targets, damaging each and stunning them briefly.
Mana cost: 75
Cooldown: 32/28/24/20 seconds
Explanation: Hellfire is a skill that when used correctly will absolutely destroy your enemy. The ideal scenario for this skill to be used is when encountering an enemy hero by himself, because it will cause some serious damage to him since all the impacts will focus on him. The skill is also extremely useful when chasing a lone hero who is trying to run away, because it will allow you to easily keep up with him if you just stay by his side without hitting him, all this while your friends pound on him.
Wall of Mummies: Pharaoh summons a wall of Mummies around himself and anyone close enough to him. Enemies who come close will be pushed away, causing damage and draining some Mana.
Mana cost: 50/60/70/80
Cooldown: 15 seconds
Explanation: This skill can be used offensively and defensively to great effect. Combined with the Pharaoh’s ultimate, it is one of the most effective ganking skills in the game, you use it to trap your enemies after a well placed ulti, and then you activate your hellfire to wreck the enemy. Yet, it can also be used without the ultimate, as you can simply catch up to an enemy after an ally stuns him, and use it to keep him trapped. However, this skill also has an amazing defensive use, countless times I have saved myself while running from the enemy by going along a narrow path.
Tormented Soul: Pharaoh unleashes a tormented soul toward a target location anywhere on the map. The soul self destructs when it reaches the designated location, releasing its dark energy to damage nearby enemies.
Mana cost: 50
Cooldown: 30/25/20/15 seconds
Explanation: My favorite skill in the whole game. Period. This skill has so many uses, which not only have GREAT benefits for the player using the Pharaoh, but it can also be used as a major asset for your team in general. This skill guarantees you can always farm due to its moderate but effective for last hitting damage, its incredibly low mana cost, and its fast cooldown. Not only good for farming though, you will be able to constantly harass heroes from a safe distance. So for you, this skill means you can last hit creeps easily and constantly, you can harass enemy heroes constantly, you can last hit enemy heroes when you need a kill and you can do all of this from anywhere on the map.
Wrath of the Pharaoh: Pharaoh directs all of his focus in a target direction. His focus is so intense it takes physical form as it travels in the desired direction. If it impacts with an enemy unit, it will damage and stun them and Pharaoh will charge toward its location.
Mana Cost: 150
Cooldown: 80/60/40 seconds
Explanation: This skill, again like all of Pharaohs skills, has defensive and offensive uses. The obvious offensive use is to fire it at an enemy, set up your Wall of Mummies, activate your Hellfire, and lay waste to him. He won’t even know what hit him. The best two things about this skill, are the speed at which the “hook” travels, and the extremely long distance it can reach. Many a times have I killed opponents which had been out of sight for a while , just by firing a well placed Wrath of the Pharaoh at the direction at which they were running, and finishing them off. This skill will remain useful throughout the game because it virtually guarantees no enemy will ever get away from you. At early and mid game, it is also an amazing skill to gank, you can stay out enemy sight while he is farming a lane, and then fire your Wrath of the Pharaoh and pound on him while a teammate helps you out.
- Tormented Soul
- Wall of Mummies
- Wall of Mummies
- Tormented Soul
- Hell Fire
- Wrath of the Pharaoh
- Hell Fire
- Tormented Soul
- Wall of Mummies
- Tormented Soul
- Wrath of the Pharaoh
- Hell Fire
- Wall of Mummies
- Hell Fire
- Wrath of the Pharaoh
- -25. Attribute
Early GamePower supply for the mana and health replenish. Makes it great to stay in the lane and not have to go back to the pool just to stay alive and regain mana and health. Scarab to increase your mana regeneration rate. While all of your skills do not cost a great deal of mana, you do utilize them constantly. That combined with a relatively low mana pool means you are burning through mana really quickly.
Mid GameHelm of the Black Legion because you are a tanking. Your primary role is that of a tank/initiator/support. You need to be able to stay alive and the increased health regeneration will definitely do that. Runed Axe will increase damage making you more effective in those team fights, increase your health regen which just makes you that much harder to kill, and increases your mana regeneration which means you can cast your spells all the more often. Daemonic Breastplate is a must for any Pharaoh. As Pharaoh you have a ridiculously slow attack speed. I am sure you could throw telephone poles in real life faster than this guy attacks. The increased attack speed will actually make you an effective damage dealer in those group fights. That combined with the armor increase, allied attack speed and armor increase, and enemy armor reduction, will make you an effective efficient tank/support
Luxury ItemsBehemoth's Heart. It is pretty self explanatory. Huge health increase, ridiculous health regeneration rate. Makes you pretty damn hard to kill.
Skill combinationWrath of the Pharaoh to zoom to the enemy. Wall of Mummies to trap the enemy and push away any others away. Hellfire so they can't cast any of their skills and does some pretty good damage. Tormented Soul for some easy magic damage while you wail on the guy. Rinse and repeat. All your skills have a pretty quick cooldown so don't be afraid to use your skills constantly. Use Tormented Soul to scout areas, kill creeps, harass enemies, and get final hits on a run away enemy hero.
Enjoy and Happy Hunting
1 Comment more...